We are very excited to announce that we have recently launched the all-new Global Access Association website! It is our sincere hope that through the Global Access Association, Christ-followers will be encouraged, educated, and equipped to effectively improve Church and community integration for individuals and families affected by disability around the world.
Some of you personally remember the Global Access Conference 2015, and others of you have heard about it. The Conference was an unprecedented opportunity for over 1,000 leaders, ministers, educators and practitioners from around the world to connect, share stories, and discuss how to more effectively accelerate disability ministry to the ends of the earth.
The Global Access Association seeks to build upon this historic event by creating an ongoing venue where members can continue to find practical resources and networking opportunities such as those found at the Conference.
All features of the all-new site are FREE, including:
- The Beyond Suffering Introduction for Christian Leaders, available in six languages: English, Arabic, French, Hindi, Chinese, and Russian (Spanish and Thai are coming soon!)
- All the content from the 2015 Conference, either audio or video, plus written transcripts
- Additional resources, based on a rotation of 4 quarterly themes drawn from Beyond Suffering (Disability Ministry, Understanding Disability, Theology of Disability, and Society & Ethics)
- Regionally-based forums (for sharing best practices, resources, and local opportunities around the world)
- Theme-based forums (for discussing website resources, identifying issues of emerging importance, and advancing the global conversation on disability ministry)
- Affinity groups (for individuals with specific backgrounds or interests)
- and Working groups (for new disability-related resource development)
Thank you, in advance, for taking the time to invest in the future of the Global Access Association. We look forward to seeing how God chooses to extend His Kingdom through this endeavor.
Rev. Steve Bundy
Senior Vice President, Integration
Joni and Friends International Disability Center